Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Budding Bromance & My Rising Romance

Romantic relationships aren't the only thing that hopeless romantic males like myself are searching for. We also dig our bromances equally, if not more so. Sure, a woman can stroke your ego, among other things, and provide you with boundless sexual pleasure.
But when you need to beat the crap out of someone in Super Smash Bros., tell someone that you almost walked down the "up" escalator because you were staring at a 10, or aim a fart in someone's direction with pride...well, then you need a Bromance.
While romantic relationships have always seemed to elude me, even when they're right in front of me, I've never had too much trouble with bromances. I'm good at being one of the guys. And lately, a new guy has come into my life, and I feel like something special is blooming.
His name's Ben, and he's a fellow Comcaster. He works on my team, he's a bit younger than me, from NY, we both enjoy video games, and he lives five blocks from me. Lately, we've been chillin' outside of work, talking on a regular basis, and...this part's key...creating inside jokes. Inside jokes are essential to ANY relationship. I live by this rule.
They say that inter-work relationships are bad. Not when it's a bromance.
Ben feels the same way. I can feel it. It's something you just know. :)
On the other hand, an actual romance is perhaps on the horizon for me, as Pam continues to blow up my blackberry on a now daily basis. Knowing I'm a movie guy, she texted me this morning just to let me know that Corey Haim's had passed (RIP). How sweet of her. Despite the morbid news. We'll be getting together at some point this weekend, and I'm very excited about it.
I'm also getting together again with OAOA on Saturday. 'Tis a battle of epic proportions.
-Spontaneous K

2 comments:

Yankee Girl said...

I have high hopes for your bromance. I am a sucker for a good bromance. I am the wife who tells my husband to call his friends and to make plans with them on Friday nights because I know he needs guy time.

That's right, I rule.

Spontaneous K said...

Yes. :) Best. Wife. Ever. I can only hope to have a girlfriend like that one day. Thanks for reading!