Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Post

Scrubs is my favorite television show. Why? Perhaps because I wish that life could be like that in some way. I know it's not like that, but I suppose that's the reason we watch television, or movies, or become immersed in any particular art form to begin with. It's because it removes us from what really is.

I've been told that my personality is very close to Zach Braff's character, the protagonist of Scrubs, Dr. JD Dorian. And I appreciate that. Because JD just wants to have fun and pursue his lifetime goal, but along the way he takes the time to be serious when needed. He allows himself to learn the lesson at hand. And since it's a half-hour sitcom, there is always a lesson to be learned.

If you've never seen Scrubs, JD bookends the show with a voice over. At the beginning, he foreshadows what the lesson of this episode may be, and at the end, he summarizes what's been learned.

At the end of my day, I often find myself doing the same thing. Alas, here I am, providing the world with my inner voice, my lessons learned.

And in honor of Scrubs' episode naming convention, with every one being "My..." something or other, my blog has been named "My Own Voice Over."

Thanks Scrubs. :) I hope everyone enjoys.

-Spontaneous K

2 comments:

Pratty said...

I've never thought too much about voice overs, but at times I wondered what songs would play in the background of certain incidents and moments if my life were a movie/tv show. Been reading your posts, you have an interesting sense of humor. I'm enjoying your writing. Hope you can keep up the resolution of writing everyday.

Spontaneous K said...

I'm ALWAYS jacked into my iPod because I wish my life had a score to it, haha. Glad I'm not the only person who thinks about stuff like that. I'm glad you like my humor! Yes, I haven't really been able to really staple it into a specific category of humor, it's just...mine. Ha. At any rate, I hope you do keep reading, and I plan to keep reading yours. Writing this each day has been a lot of fun for me, so I can't see why I wouldn't keep it up. :)