Thursday, February 11, 2010

My First Internet Enemy

All this talk about a new cast...it wouldn't be complete without an enemy. I can't be for sure if she's a character that's going to stick around or not, but at the moment, she's firing at me.

I just joined a network called 20 Something Bloggers. It's just what it sounds like. It's an online community of 20-somethings who all have something they want to say, and have the right to say. So there's no reason why this girl, her name is Katie, shouldn't strike me down for what I've written in my about me page.

She apparently didn't like that I was envious of all of JD's girlfriend's on scrubs. And based on that, she automatically assumed that I was not spontaneous. I may or may not be truly Spontaneous...it was a nickname that a great friend of mine dubbed me a couple years ago, it stuck, and I really liked it. So, for the sake of a little bit of anonymity, I chose to use that as my pseudonym.

I wrote a piece not long ago, a note, that I posted to facebook. The subject was about artists and why we do what we do. It was also about perception, and taking the rejections with as much grace as you take the praise.

I didn't start this blog to make enemies. I didn't join 20 something bloggers to make enemies. I did it for the exact opposite...to make friends! Nothing that I've written was intended to offend anyone. But, you can never predict quite how someone is going to react.





And sometimes I shouldn't take things at face value. She just revealed she was kidding. Oops. I guess I can save the "My First Internet Enemy" title for later. :)

-Spontaneous K

7 comments:

Katie said...

<,I can't be for sure if she's a character that's going to stick around or not, but at the moment, she's firing at me.>>

Oh, I'll stick around. If nothing else, to keep you in check, and make sure you're staying light, and not taking life too seriously :)

Erin said...

Hi there, welcome to the blogosphere and 20sb. I'm Erin, Katie's right hand and blogging BFF.

If you think she's mean, you haven't met me yet. I'm a total bitch and definite enemy material.

(You see that? That was a total joke. I don't have a mean bone in my body and neither does Katie. Try not to take us too seriously. We're all here for a good time, but only the strong survive. You gotta have thick skin around here. Ciao.)

Spontaneous K said...

Thanks Erin! Me and Katie have made amends. I'm sure you're a sweetheart. :)

Tellie said...

Wait...now reading through the comments I'm all confused, haha. Well welcome to 20SB!

Courtney said...

Erin is a total sweet heart. Hi! I'm BB, friend of Erin.

How goes it? :-D

I like your blog thus far!

P said...

I think we've all misunderstood something someone said in the blogosphere at one point or the other, so don't beat yourself up about it. Katie is awesome though. ;)

Oh and hi! Nice to meet you.

Passionista said...

Glad you all figured this out, I'd hate it to be awkward at the meetup :-P