Wednesday, April 14, 2010

[Guest Post] The Best Thing About Being a Blogger

ATTENTION [My Own Voice Over] READERS! THIS IS A BLOG SWAP! I PRESENT TO YOU YOUR HOST TODAY: GINGERELLA! Please check out her blog at http://gingerellaj.blogspot.com/
 
Blogging's not for everyone right?

Wrong.

And I'll tell you why. Because blogging has got to be one of the most uplifting, smile-instigating, laughter-inducing, tear-jurking, real-world-escaping, and heart-wrenching acitivies I have ever had the chance to encounter and partake in. And it must have one of the most friendly and accepting communities going!
I'm not sure I could pick just one thing about blogging that I love:
 
  • the excitement while waiting to fire up my Google reader
  • peeking into people's lives and sharing in what they have chosen to share with me
  • taking the time to offer my congratulations, sympathies and words of advice without desiring a single thing in return having favourites!
  • when blogging crosses my mind quite a few times a day
  • that blogging has become one the main reasons I use (and sometimes feel I need) the internet!
  • finding new friends I would never have had the chance to know otherwise
  • friends I've made from across the other side of the world and on my doorstep
I think people often get the wrong idea that blogging is egocentric and selfish but to me, blogging wouldn't be the same without the interaction; the reason I started blogging in the first place. It has given me so many chances to do things that, albeit not astonishing, have spiced up my life, including; 
 
  • blog swapping and meeting lovely Spontaneous K! Even if it does mean you have to put up with my dribble when what you wanted, and were really expecting today, was Phildelphia's answer to JD!
  • my first blogger meet-up! I'd resigned myself to probably never attending one. But later this month I get to meet up some bloggers from my local blogging community. I'm excited but also quite nervous, but it's still cool!
  • sharing things with you, e.g. my photography, that I might not otherwise share with plenty of 'friends' in my life
But that's not all, folks! The icing on the cake is even after a year, my blogging journey has only just begun. There's still so much I want to do; more blog swapping, vlogs, meet-ups, giveaways, question times, to announce milestones in my life like if when I get my doctoral degree, get engaged, married, have children, become a grandma! I'm in it for the long haul, I'm not going anywhere...

...whether blogging knows it or not, or even likes it, I think we just made a pinky promise?!
 
 

0 comments: